Teleflora

Posted on Saturday, December 31st, 2005 at 10:26am CST by d5081752

Company: Teleflora

When my friend's mom died I wanted to send something really special. Usually I would look online and call a florist directly in the city he lives in. However since I wanted something very special - a white phaelenopsis orchid - I decided to try Teleflora. After seeing just what I wanted on the website I called the Teleflora number to verify that a white phaelenopsis orchid would be available. Since that was over $100 I wanted to be sure I would get what I requested. The woman on the phone assured me if it was on the website it would be available. So I placed the order. The plant was delivered on time but instead of white it was bright purple. No at ALL what I wanted for a funeral. I emailed Teleflora to complain but was given the following reply:

Thank you for contacting Teleflora.

I have reviewed your order and found that you have agreed to our substitution policy which states:

Occasionally, floral substitutions are necessary due to temporary, regional availability issues. If this is the case with the gift you've selected, our experienced florists will ensure that the style, theme and color scheme of your arrangement is preserved and will substitute only fresh flowers of equal or higher value. If you wish to have a better understanding with regards to our substitution policy, may we advise you to please log on to www.teleflora.com.

I hope I have shed some light on this matter and have proven us worthy to be of service to you in your future floral needs.

It has been a pleasure to assist you and we look forward to serving your floral needs in the future.

For further inquiries or comments please reply to this address or contact our 24-hour Customer Service hotline at 800 835 3356.

I emailed back and told them I had called to assure white was available and that the substitution policy states

and that the color scheme was not preserved. So then I received another reply pretty much telling me to suck it up and be more careful next time I ordered.

Thank you for your quick reply.

To avoid this kind of problem in your future floral needs, you may indicate in your special instructions to contact you in the event that substitutions are needed.

We regret your dissatisfaction on this order. I hope I have proven us worthy to be of service to you in your future flower needs.

This is some of the most callous and poor customer service I have ever encountered. I will avoid problems in the future by avoiding Teleflora and any florist that does business with Teleflora.

Linda Tamblyn