Luminox - Luminox Watches - Don't Buy One

Posted on Friday, December 30th, 2005 at 2:08pm CST by 9805c147

Product: Watches

Company: Luminox

Category: Jewelry, Watches

I bought a Luminox watch a few months ago. It was very expensive ($350), and was advertised as waterproof to 600ft and used by the US Navy Seals. Since I am a diver, I figured it would be nice to have. I was sorely mistaken.

Three days after receiving the watch, I noticed water under the crystal after washing my hands. I contacted the manufacturer who refused to talk with me and instead gave me their service provider’s contact information. The watch is supposedly under warranty, and after only having the watch for three days, one would think they would be helpful. Not the case. I sent the product to the service center, Parsec Enterprises, who sent me a bill for $100 to fix the watch. Apparently, Luminox does not know the meaning of the word “Warranty.” On top of that, they wanted $20 just to have it returned to me not repaired.

Anyone thinking about purchasing a watch made by Luminox should consider paying high dollar for a piece of junk that is not worth the cardboard box it comes in. If it is true that the United States Navy Seals use this watch, I worry about their ability to tell time.

5c70a676, 2008-03-07, 02:06PM CST

Totally agree with the original comment.

I Purchased the Luminox 3051 Navy Seal Dive Watch for my nephew as a Christmas present.

Watch leaked on the first day when he wore it and washed his face.

Called in to Luminox and they said talk with Parsec. They said ship it in and after couple of days when I called back to verify shipping address, they advised that they can no longer service the watch. Called Luminox for couple of days (left VMs) with no replies from the Customer Service phone number.

I went to their website and saw another service vendor, called them and they advised that they were still servicing the watches. Sent them my watch and get it back 3 weeks later advising that their contract with Luminox has ended.

So I am back to calling Luminox. Talked with someone named Doug at customer service (spoke twice) and he was supposed to give me some information and e-mail me a shipping label. This has not happened yet....and warranty period keeps ticking away.

I will never buy crappy stuff like this from Luminox ever again. Their product is defective, mislabeled and misleading. Not to mention the crappiest customer service I have ever gotten on a product.

I bought this on an american express card and will be giving them a call soon, since this is a warranty failure and will be disputing this all the way.

78e84db2, 2008-08-03, 07:28PM CDT

Yeah NO SHIT on the junk Luminox calls a watch!!! I have the model 3059 series and owned in less than a year. The second hand has fallen off the face and the Orange numbers on the diver dial are rubbing off. I have seen $20 Timex watches hold up better than this! I have a very hard time believing the Seals have luck with these pieces of junk. I love the look of my watch, but I am not impressed with the function whatsoever. CRAP!!!

411b5748, 2009-10-27, 03:45AM CDT

Being a former seal i cannot remember ever seeing anyone with a luminox, and i can confirm they were never issued to us. What i can confirm is that they issued us with g-shocks, 6600 and 6900 models. Some guys also used seiko's and citizen's diver's watches.

411b5748, 2009-10-27, 03:46AM CDT

3f3a7bbe, 2010-03-03, 11:49PM CST

I agree also, I have a Luminox 6100 series watch, I had an issue with it always stopping (batery was fine) reseller was usless, I ended up taking it to a watch maker and had it fixed ($135.00 LATER)

Today I went to put it on and found the Second hand has somehow goeen wedged under the inside of the face... this watch was supossedly made for the nave SEALS.. if thats the case, then any SEAL wearing this watch is screwd. Im binning it and going back to a reliable brand!