Lowe's - Lowe's Alexandria VA (UNCLASSIFIED)

Posted on Friday, December 30th, 2005 at 9:36am CST by a756e81c

Company: Lowe's

Location: ALEXANDRIA, VA, US

No Customer Service.

One month ago I ordered a washer and dryer from Lowe's in Alexandria, VA. Every time I would inquire as to where it was, I would get the same response "the computer says it is on the way." Du-u-u-u-u-u-u! The computer is always going to say that because that is all it can say! I had take the initiative upon myself to get someone (the manager) to pick up the phone and find out where my washer and dryer were. As of the time of this writing, I still have not received the order I placed one month ago.

Customer Service has been relegated to the computer. If the customer wants service or wants to find the true status of an order he or she will have to do the leg work themselves. Lowe's has gotten big enough now that they do not need to care about their customers and the computer has become their escape from doing anything beyond pulling up a screen. I will give their computer system some credit. It did report that my order delivery was "two weeks late." Even with that warning flashing in the face of the beholder; no one took the initiative to inquire further as to where the order was , when will it arrive and what was the problem so it may be resolved in the future (i.e.. pick up the phone).

Customer service is not "offered" at Lowe's it must be "extracted" by the customer who is put in the uncomfortable (rest assured I felt no discomfort) position of demanding what should have been offered.

Oh! Did I mention that I have still not received my $2,000.00 top of the line washer and dryer?