Haier Washing machine

New Delhi 110044.

Dear Sir,

I had bought Haier washing machine (Model XPB60-23S ) in the month of May

2005 from a dealer in KPHB Colony Hyderabad. I am in problem since day

one. Initially the dealer did not send anyone from company for demonstration

so the machine was kept unused for several days. After several complaints

one person came for demo that was a TV technician. He did some demo and when

he doesn’t know the answer to the question he used to call some one in his

office and gave unsatisfactory replies. Since then I started operating the

machine. The first day I operated the vibration during spinning was very

high. Again I called up the dealer, a new technician came and he did some

settings, now the vibration has come down. Third time, the over flow filter

came out. Again it was repaired and the last week for the fourth time we

were faced with one more problem, there is a leakage in the outlet drain.

Then I again complained and service person did not fix the problem rather

asked me to put tape over the leak area. The reason he gave surprised me. He

told that the leak is because of the water. Most of the times we use soft

water for washing as we feel hard water will spoil the clothes. Again not

satisfied with his response, I called up the service centre and with great

difficulty I spoke with a person (Khan) as the number is continuously

engaged for a long time (27717772). He promised to send the service engineer

but till today no one came here to fix the leak. For the whole of the last

week, we didn’t use the washing machine as we are keeping the machine in the

verandah and whole of the kitchen will be water logged if we use the

machine.

I am really upset on the quality of the product and the response of the

service centre. I request u to look into the above subject and take

necessary feedback or action in this regard.

With regards

K.Ramesh

e2108d56, 2008-03-05, 01:33PM CST

I purchased a Haier America washer/dryer combo last June. I used it once and after one wash cycle the unit broke. I called Haier and told them that the cycle selector knob was stuck and that the unit was not drying clothes properly. I also told them that a bunch of water was left in the drum even though the machine had gone through a dry cycle. A repairman was called and when he came out he replaced the timer. He left and the machine did not work when I tried it again.

After about a month Haier sent another repair man who claimed he had never seen this type of machine before and he ordered a new timer and a new motor. He installed these after they arrived and the machine still did not work. Finally Haier called me after two months had gone by saying they would send another repair man out. The new repair man came out and deemed the unit un-repairable. He said that the unit had been flooded and that the electrical system was rusted out. The unit is in my basement so now Haier is claiming that my basement flooded. My basement has never flooded but I am not surprised that the electrical system is rusted. Water was sitting in the machine for five months because nobody they sent out to repair the unit knew what they were doing.

I have tried to call Haier many times to find out what their final decision is. The machine is under warranty for a year and so it should be replaced. I have had so many people telling me the problem would be looked into and I would get a call back but never have.

It has been eight months now of talking to customer service people with no answers as of yet. I am assuming that Haier will not be replacing the machine that is under warranty and that they will continue to make excuses. I will contact my lawyer, the Better Business Bureau, and I will post my nightmare situation all over the internet. I do not recommend that anyone buy Haier products. They do not uphold their warranty and I have since read other reports of similar problems with flawed products.