Samsung and their irreputible Rebate Department

Posted on Friday, December 23rd, 2005 at 4:34pm CST by 93ecee10

Company: Samsung and their irreputible Rebate Department

Unbelievable how these companies get away with what they do.....

I purchased a Samsung monitor from BestBuy in March of 2005. Part of the purchase decision was made by the enticement of a 70$ rebate. I mailed all the proper forms, UPC code, etc. BEFORE the supposed expiration date.

Months went by with no correspondance....When I called them in an atempt to ascertain what happened to my rebate I was put on hold for 20 minutes and hung up on. I called them back and explained the entire situation again. At this point they indicated to me that I was sent a card detailing an issue with the rebate. Unfortunately for me the person who typed my address in their computer got it wrong. Thus I never recieved that notice.

At this point it is past the submission date....And of course they are refusing to honor their rebate.

Where I am from this is termed fraud! Everyone who has a problem with manufacturer rebates should complain to their State's Attorney General and the Attorney General where the business is located - these manufacturers need to reevaluate how they do bussiness or there won't be any business to evaluate.

As a sidenote Samsung was sued for 250,000 in late 2004 for these types of indiscressions. And apparrently they still have no idea about what customer service is.

I am writing a complaint also to Samsung's Customer Relations:

PO Box 42930/ Mesa, AZ 85274 Along with educating as many people as I can about Samsung's lack of customer concern.