Posted on Wednesday, December 14th, 2005 at 4:01pm CST by 200ab43a

Company: Complaints about the Billy Joel Concerts being held at the Hartford Civic Center in Hartford, Connecticut

I am writing to complain about the Ticket Master's ticket policy. On December 3, 2005 I placed an order for tickets to a Billy Joel concert being held at the Hartford Civic Center in Hartford, Connecticut on March 28, 2005. When tickets for events go on sale through Ticket Master they go on sale at 10 a.m. I was on the computer ordering tickets (on line) at exactly 10 a.m. The best offer I was given was in Section 329, Row M, Seats 3-6. Then a week later a second show was announced. I tried to exchange tickets by selling/buying on ebay and through various sites, but that was to no avail. Then today, December 14, 2005, I heard that a third show is opening up and tickets for that show are going on sale this coming Saturday, December 17, 2005. Now normally I would not be complaining about my seats because at the time I was under the assumption that this was the only show available and these were the best tickets I could get for the show I really wanted to see. Now I am upset because I will have missed out on two other opportunities to get better seats, but since Ticket Master says no exchanges can be made, I am just stuck. I think that policy is extremely unfair and the public should know about the possibilities of other shows that may be added. I would like to be compensated for my loss by having the ability to get better tickets for the new show opening up on March 13, 2005 (going on sale on December 17, 2005 at 10 a.m.) in exchange for the tickets I have already purchased. I think that is only reasonably fair. And to top it all off the tickets that are going on sale on December 17, 2005 are rated at $71 per ticket. On December 3, 2005 when I originally purchased tickets the ticket price was at $75. I think this whole policy is terrible and from this day forward I am not buying tickets to events like this and especially not through Ticket Master.

Sincerely one unhappy customer,