sears.com

Posted on Monday, December 12th, 2005 at 2:47pm CST by 92775f0f

Company: sears.com

www.sears.com

On 12/9/05 I placed an order at www.sears.com containing items for my son for Christmas. According to the confirmation page I was to receive an email within 2 hours or less which I would need to bring to the Sears store allowing me to pick up my merchandise. I checked my email 3 hours after I placed the order and still didn't have the email from them. When I awoke on 12/10/05 at 8am I again checked and found there was still no email. I called customer service and was told I probably wouldn't receive it until sometime between noon and 2pm but that I could try calling the store to see if they could expedite the email so I could leave to travel one hour (one way) to the nearest city to pick up my order. When I called the store I was told (after speaking to 6 different associates) they had never received the order from sears.com. I was asked for the numbers for the items I had ordered so they could at least gather the items for me. When I gave him the numbers I was told out of the 4 items that only one was available even though they had shown them available online when I ordered them the evening prior. I asked to cancel the order and was told I needed to call customer service. When I called customer service I was told that my order had been canceled and that a refund had been issued. I was told that I could expect my refund within 2 days. Today is 12/12/05 and my bank still has not received notification of a refund. I have wasted 6+ hours of my time making phone calls trying to have the money refunded to my bank account. Each representative, supervisor and manager I have spoken with has given me an entirely different story about when and how the refund process works. I have been told now to allow at least 5 business days for the money to be returned to me. It took less than 5 minutes for this company to charge me for items they did not have and now they are expecting me to wait 7+ days for it to be returned. This is unacceptable. Especially considering we’re less than 2 weeks away from Christmas.